Thermophilic Direct-Set Starter Culture
This useful culture makes a variety of hard cheeses, including parmesan, romano, provolone, and swiss.
Each bag contains:
- 8 packets of starter culture.
Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
- Store extra packets in the freezer.
- Avoid using ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
- Direct-set (single-use) culture, no maintenance required.
Shipping and Storage Information
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Use by date on bag.
What is a Direct-Set Culture?
- Direct-Set cultures are a one-time-use culture, they cannot be recultured (i.e. perpetuated beyond the single batch). Direct-Set cultures are often preferred by cheese makers as they require no maintenance or care. Simply keep the packet in the freezer and remove the portion for your recipe when it's time to make cheese. Most Direct-Set cultures contain multiple doses to inoculate multiple batches.
Thermophilic Direct-Set Starter Culture Ingredients
- Sucrose, Maltodextrins, Lactic bacteria (S.thermophilus)
Thermophilic Direct-Set Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Packaged in a facility that produces products containing soy and dairy.