Mesophilic Direct-Set Starter Culture
From cheddar, colby, and monterey jack to feta, chevre, and more, you'll enjoy the flavor and variety of homemade cheeses made using this starter culture.
Each bag contains
- 8 packets of direct-set starter culture
Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
What is a Direct-Set Culture?
Direct-Set cultures are a one-time-use culture, they cannot be recultured (i.e. perpetuated beyond the single batch). Direct-Set cultures are often preferred by cheese makers as they require no maintenance or care. Simply keep the packet in the freezer and remove the portion for your recipe when it's time to make cheese. Most Direct-Set cultures contain multiple doses to inoculate multiple batches.
Shipping and Storage Information
- Our Mesophilic Direct-Set Starter Culture is dehydrated and shipped in a barrier-sealed packet.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Use by date on bag.
Mesophilic Direct-Set Starter Culture Ingredients
- Sucrose, Maltodextrins, Lactic bacteria (Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis, Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris)
Mesophilic Direct-Set Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that processes products containing soy and dairy.