Each bag contains:
1 dehydrated kombucha starter culture (SCOBY)
5 pH strips
Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
What you’ll need:
Cane sugar (organic recommended)
Plain black tea
Distilled white vinegar (or starter tea from another batch)
Shipping and Storage Information
- Our Kombucha Starter Culture is shipped in a dehydrated state and must be rehydrated before use.
- For best results, store in the refrigerator and use by the date on the box.
- Freezer storage is not recommended
Kombucha Starter Culture Ingredients
- Organic sugar, organic black tea, live active cultures
Kombucha Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing soy and dairy.
I have been making kombucha for over a year now, but wanted to start again with 2 new SCOBYs since mine had been sitting for over 6 months. (I know those were probably fine, but when I brewed again my kombucha was yeast-ier than I desired.) These new mothers got things going again!
The directions are really clear and easy to follow. I have made my first batch and can not wait for the second. Love that your company offers more ideas on their website.
I bought this 2 years ago and since then it has propagated and fathered many more cultures. It has produced hundreds of gallons of Komboucha for my family and friends
I am very pleased. This culture worked much faster than the you-tube DIY homemade cultures and I think the flavor is better from this "boughten culture"