Mitoku Traditional Natto Spores
Make real Japanese natto at home! Ferment soy beans with these spores to make traditional natto, or use nearly any bean of your choice.
Natto spores (natto-moto) are the starter culture used with soybeans to make traditional Japanese natto fresh at home.
- Contains 0.1 oz (2.83 g) tube.
- This powdered starter culture comes complete with a special measuring spoon.
- Sufficient to inoculate approximately 50 pounds of soybeans to make approximately 88 pounds of fresh natto.
- The fermentation process requires the natto be kept at approximately 100°F degrees for 22 to 24 hours.
- Additional instructions included.
- Japanese natural powdered natto starter spores (bacillus subtilis natto).
- Manufactured and packaged in a sterile laboratory.
Shelf life and Storage
- The natto spores will last 6 months in the refrigerator or freezer; 3 to 4 weeks at room temperature.
What Our Customers Are Saying
As a slow food fanatic, I had to try this. Easy as natto-pie. Tastes great! It was as good/better than the little packs and I made 2 kilos at once! Thank you C for H!
Arrived on time and I have made my Natto successfully! Love the special spoon that comes with it.
This was my first time making Natto at home. They came with the instructions translated into English which was great. I followed the instructions and the resulting Natto was very good. I am very pleased with the Mitoku Natto Spore product!