Milk Kefir Grains
Treat your gut to homemade milk kefir, one of our most probiotic-rich cultures. Just one box will culture 4 cups every day. Drink it up, or enjoy your kefir in smoothies, ice cream, baked goods, and much more.
Each bag contains:
- 1 packet of dehydrated traditional, heirloom-style milk kefir grains.
Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
Additional Details about Milk Kefir Grains
- Milk kefir grains are dehydrated active cultures consisting of yeast and bacteria existing in a symbiotic relationship. Milk kefir grains need to be rehydrated using pasteurized dairy milk (not raw milk) before regular use. Once milk kefir grains are rehydrated, they can be transitioned to raw milk. Milk kefir grains can be used to culture coconut, soy, or rice milk once rehydrated, but must be rehydrated in dairy milk first. Milk kefir grains require regular refreshing in fresh dairy milk (as soon as the texture changes.)
Shipping and Storage Information:
- Our milk kefir grains are shipped in a dehydrated state in a barrier-sealed packet.
- For best results, store in a cool, dry place and use by the date on the box.
- Freezer storage is not recommended.
Milk Kefir Grains Ingredients
- Organic powdered milk, organic milk, live active cultures.
- Packaged in a small amount of organic powdered milk to extend shelf life.
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Milk Kefir Grains Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that also produces products containing soy and dairy.
Ingredients That Love You Back
More active probiotics
Costs significantly less than commercial kefir
You control the ingredients
What Our Customers Are Saying
The grains started easily and produced extremely well. I even managed to store mine in the fridge for a few weeks and restart them without any issue. If you love yogurt, start making kefir. It is so easy!
These grains are the best I've ever bought. Another brand I have doesn't even come close. These created a kefir within 2 days, and has been going strong since then.
The grains took of very quickly after rehydrating. They were working full tilt in two days. Such and easy culture to start, and maintain. Great to promote a healthy gut, and more economical than buying pre-made kefir from a store.
The kefir grains became active quicker than they claimed! And everyday since, I have enjoyed a smooth creamy addition to my smoothies, as well as homemade dressing for my salads. Highly recommend these high quality grains, you won't be disappointed!
I have so much great tasting kefir now, made from organic, grass fed whole milk, that I'm now making kefir cheeses. My own kefir is vastly superior to the store bought kefir that I've been buying for years. I can't believe it's taken me this long to ferment my own, but it was all made possible by my purchase of kefir grains from you all. Thank you. Oh, I also had to hand raise several American Guinea hog piglets this month. The recipe for sow's milk replacer called for antibiotics! I'm studying functional nutrition at the moment, and getting my masters in Applied Nutrition. So I said "NO" to the antibiotics, and used my kefir instead. The piglets loved it, and no scours! They are rather massive already too. So I thank you, and my piglets thank you.
Followed the directions and the grains are making kefir. Thank you 😁
This was so easy to perfect. Initially, I had purchased some local milk in a glass bottle, but my kefir had a super funky flavor. Actually intolerable. I reached out to the CfH team and they suggested different milk. Viola! I always do a second ferment on my kefir using lemon and orange peels. It’s is thick, creamy, easy, and delicious. Friends and family are happy I’ve been making it too ☺️ I can’t wait for my grains to multiply so I can start sharing.
I appreciate the detailed instructions for activating my grains. I followed instructions to the letter and I have dependable and great tasting milk kefir.
Followed the instructions and they woke up and are busy making great tasting kefir!
Ingredients That Love You Back
Pro Tip Corner
In addition to being an amazing probiotic beverage, kefir is also very versatile and can usually be substituted for milk, yogurt, or buttermilk in recipes.5 Ways to Use Milk Kefir