Kosher Yogurt Starter: Traditional Flavor
This direct-set, certified kosher starter culture makes traditionally tangy yogurt. Perfect for making big batches when you like - just freeze the remaining starter for later.
A pleasantly tangy direct-set yogurt starter that is easy to use. Make yogurt when you need to and freeze the remaining starter culture for later.
More about this product
- Certified Kosher
- Each bottle contains 1¼ teaspoons starter culture.
- 1/4 tsp. of culture makes 1-2 gallons of yogurt
- 50 gallons can only be made if the entire bottle is used in one batch
- Avoid using with ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
- Direct-set (single-use) culture, no starter to maintain.
Kosher Yogurt Starter Ingredients
- Milk, live active cultures (Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus)
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Kosher Yogurt Starter Allergen Information
- Contains dairy.
- May contain trace amounts of gluten: Barley source is used as a fermentation nutrient.
What Our Customers Are Saying
During the shelter in place I started learning how to make my own yogurt first with a Dutch oven and then, much later, with a pressure cooker. I love how simple the culture is and especially how I don’t have to worry about running out of yogurt since I already have a culture available to use.
I posted my process on my blog if you’re interested: https://www.simplykyra.com/2020/09/09/how-i-make-my-own-yogurt-for-my-simple-breakfast/
We use half and half cream, heat it to 180 F, cool it to 110 F, use about 1/8 tsp in a quart ball jar, then culture it for 24 hours. Our warmer maintains between 108 to 116. We chill the yogurt for at least 4 hours. It is very thick and smooth, with a nice tart flavor. We prefer tart over bland, and are always looking for a sour culture. This is about 3/4 of the way between no tart and max tart.
Easy, Good flavor, It's our breakfast with homemade granola, nuts, fresh and dried fruit. Use a good gelatin with raw milk.
Using this starter with my Tribest yogurt maker takes more prep and more supervision than using store bought yogurt as a starter.
But it makes yogurt that is twice as thick and twice as tasty! No regrets. Will buy again!
YUMMY KOSHER YOGURT STARTER FROM CULTURES FOR HEALTH.