Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker
Perfect for rising bread dough, making yogurt, melting chocolate and so much more!
Looking for a way to proof bread, culture yogurt, and incubate other fermented foods at home? The Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker can do all that and more! The convenient fold-out box with electronic temperature control delivers predictable and accurate low-temperature heat offering home cooks complete control, foolproof temperature management, and predictable results. Its features include:
- Anodized aluminum heating plate | Stainless steel wire rack | Aluminum water tray to maintain 60-80% humidity | All parts store inside Proofer when folded.
- Innovative design that easily folds down flat for convenient storage while being large enough to hold an 8 quart stock pot
- Two temperature modes: Proofer and Slow Cook
- Materials: Reinforced polypropylene body; clear window.
- Care: All removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Dimensions: Inside (open):15” x 12.5” x 8” high (38 x 32 x 20.5 cm) | Outside (open): 18” x 14.5” x 10.5” high (46 x 37 x 27 cm) | Outside (closed): 18” x 14.5” x 2.75” high (46 x 37 x 7 cm)
- Weight: 7.5 lbs
- Radiant heat is generated by the aluminum base plate.
- Digital controls provide temperature settings from 70-195ºF (21 – 90ºC).
- Optionally, humidity may be increased by using the included water tray.
- Calibrated to maintain the temperature of its contents at the set point, not just the air inside; measuring internal air temperature may result in inconsistent readings.
What Our Customers Are Saying
It has definitely improved my sourdough bread. I highly recommend it.
I live at high altitude, over 6000', and seldom is our home warm enough to proof bread - particularly sour dough which can take 12 hours. This does the job. I love it.
Just finished my first tempeh batch.No problems. Followed instructions and it turned out great. Can't wait to get back to baking bread.
I have been using this for 6 months. and it is the best thing to use for yogurt and also proofing my sourdough bread. I also bought the shelf unit to proof two loafs at once. I keep it handy in the kitchen and it folds away nicely. The customer service is number one and they are in Massachusetts. It us USA company. Would buy this again in a heartbeat. Won't be unhappy.
I am using this constantly for Kifer. It would be easy to store but I have given it a permanent spot on the counter. I love that you can precisely regulate the temperature.