Pickle Packer - Vegetable Tamper & Muddler
Pack in vegetables for small-batch fermentation with this Pickle Packer.
A successful fermentation project often depends on keeping away unwanted oxygen. This starts with packing vegetables tightly into the canning jars, removing air and drawing out moisture.
- Dual sided design makes this packer extra versatile and perfect for fermenting small batches.
- Materials: Made from all natural, untreated acacia wood. Renowned for its strength, and both sustainable and eco-friendly | Verified ferment-safe and lead-free.
- Dimensions: Length: 10 inches | Wide End Width: 2.5 inches | Small End Width: 2 inches
- Designed to fit into both regular-mouth and wide-mouth mason jars (one end for each jar)
- Care: Hand wash in warm soapy water only | NOT dishwasher safe | To extend the life of this product, oil it occasionally using food-safe mineral oil | Avoid letting the pickle packer stand in water.
Pair with the Pickle Pipe Airlock and Pickle Pebbles for simple and successful vegetable fermentation.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Makes pounding cabbage much easier, and its easy to grip. Been using since last October (2016) and it is still in great condition .
I have been making krauts for 2+years and never used a packer. I decided to buy it and try since it is not that expensive and I am really impressed at the difference it makes: I can cram way more vegetables in the jar.
I really love it.
Quality product, reasonably priced, quick delivery.
This made getting the juices out of my grated veggies easy. Then I went on with the culturing/pickling process.