Soy-Free Tempeh Starter Culture
This flexible culture makes tasty, protein-rich tempeh without any soy: make with mung beans, black beans, garbanzos, or another type of bean.
Each bag contains:
- 4 packets of starter culture.
Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
- Tempeh is fermented at 88°F (31ºC), the normal outdoor temperature in Indonesia.
- Manufactured in Belgium.
- This traditional food often replaces meat in dishes and can be sliced, marinated, or seasoned as desired.
Shipping and Storage Information
- This starter is dehydrated and shipped in a barrier-sealed packet.
- Refrigeration recommended
- Use by date on bag.
Soy-Free Tempeh Starter Culture Ingredients
- Rice, Rhizopus Oligosporus Culture.
- Does not contain MSG or preservatives.
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Soy-Free Tempeh Starter Culture Allergen Information:
- Packaged in a facility that produces products containing soy and dairy.
What Our Customers Are Saying
loved the quality and how easy it is to make your own tempeh at home. keep it up!
Following the site’s info on how to, I was able to make a gross looking but yummy batch. I used garbanzo, stacking silicone bake wares with lots of holes punched in (In lieu of a plastic bag), sat on a glass ware with holes, weighed down with another (thrift store purchase), digital thermometer in oven, start bake for 2-3 sec from time to time. Done in 2 days. Good spore starter.
All the packets produced. Will buy again if needed
I love the starter but it is hard to get all of the powder out of the foil packets.
Used as directed resulted in great tempeh. I use a water circulating sous vide set at 88 degrees in a food grade plastic bin and float tempeh in glass baking dish. Bin is covered with pillow case wrapped around bin to prevent condensation drips and topped with styrofoam insulation. Tempeh complete in 18-24 hours. No plastic wrap required.