This heirloom culture makes batch after batch of traditional cultured buttermilk right on your countertop, easy as pouring milk in a jar. Bake with your buttermilk or add it to cream to make cultured butter.
Each bag contains:
- 2 packets of starter culture.
Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
Shipping and Storage Information
- Our Cultured Buttermilk Starter is shipped in a barrier-sealed packet as a freeze-dried culture.
- Refrigeration recommended
- Use by date on bag.
Buttermilk Starter Culture Ingredients
- Organic milk, live active cultures.
Buttermilk Starter Culture Allergen Information:
- Manufactured in a facility that also produces products containing gluten and dairy.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Making some every other day.
Great stuff! Easy to use and works great
it is ok
Great starter with simple instructions. Cultures easily my first time and the several times since then so much cheaper to make homemade organic buttermilk!
This culture is super-easy to make. It yielded good tangy buttermilk the first time, and when I made my second batch with a bit of the first, it was thick as well. I’ve been using it for baking and also adding it to cold vegetable soups for some thickness and tang.