Continuous Brew Kombucha Jar - 5 Liters
Designed specifically for continuously brewing kombucha, this glass jar will enable your growing kombucha habit. Glass crock with spigot for making and storing kombucha all in the same jar!
Introducing the Kombucha Brewing Jar from Mortier Pilon. Designed specifically for continuous kombucha brewing, this crock’s features make it easy to make and store kombucha all in the same jar. Its features include:
- Glass jar that holds up to 5 liters or 1.3 gallons of liquid.
- Spigot for easy dispensing.
- Specially designed lid with cloth filter to allow airflow in both directions.
- Need help keeping track of brewing time? Use the lid with re-writable label to mark your start dates
- Holds: 5 liters or 1.32 gallons of liquid
- Material: Jar made of 100% glass; Outside of the crock made of non-reactive, BPA-free PP plastic
- Care: Do NOT place in dishwasher. Sterilize with vinegar and luke warm water. Do not use with boiling water to avoid thermal shock.
- Country of Origin: Manufactured in China and assembled in Canada
- Box Dimensions: 9.2” x 9.2” x 13.8”
How to Make Kombucha with a Continuous Brew Kombucha Jar
- Prep container for brewing by rinsing it with warm water and mild soap. (avoid antibacterial soap.) You can also rinse it with distilled white vinegar. Let it dry.
- Prepare sweet tea mixture in a separate container using ratios below.
- Let tea cool to room temperature and pour it into the brewing container. You’ll need to leave enough space to add starter tea and the SCOBY.
- Add the starter tea and SCOBY.
- Cover with the lid and use the included pencil to mark the date on the lid’s rewritable label.
- Let culture at 68-85°F, out of direct sunlight, for 7-30 days, or to taste. (The longer the kombucha ferments, the less sweet and more vinegary it will taste.)
- Drain kombucha out of the spigot as you want to drink it throughout the week, then add more sweet tea at the end of the week OR remove and bottle all but 20% of kombucha at once, then add new sweet tea when you are ready to start brewing again.
CLEANING & STERILIZING YOUR MORTIER PILON PRODUCT
The recommended method for cleaning and sterilizing is the same for all Mortier Pilon Fermentation Crocks, Brewing Jars and Canning Jars:
- DO NOT use boiling water or very hot water and DO NOT put in the dishwasher.
- Start by rinsing the inside of your Crock or Jar with lukewarm water from the tap.
- Add in a bit of distilled white vinegar and shake so the vinegar gets all over the inner wall of the Crock or Jar.
- Turn the Crock or Jar upside down above the sink to get rid of any excess vinegar. You do not need to rinse the remaining vinegar off as it promotes the growth of good bacteria.
- Should you need to clean the outside of the Crock or Jar, use a damp piece of cloth or paper towel.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Very easy to use, clean, and store. It's wonderful to be able to brew continuously without having to totally empty and change a jar.
Its great. An easy way to make the Kombucha starter. plus its pretty.
This is the second one of these I have purchased. Of all the different jars I have for Kombucha I love this one the best. If there is ANYTHING that I wish was different - it would be that the spigot should be stainless steel. But hey - if that is the only complaint I have - well then there is no complaint. LOL If I add a third jar it will once again be one of these Mortier Pilon jars.
I love my continuous brew bottle. It makes keeping up with my kombucha drinking so much easier, less loss of kombucha and time, Well worth the money
Received as promised