Milk Kefir Grains
Treat your gut to homemade milk kefir, one of our most probiotic-rich cultures. Just one box will culture 4 cups every day. Drink it up, or enjoy your kefir in smoothies, ice cream, baked goods, and much more.
Each bag contains:
- 1 packet of dehydrated traditional, heirloom-style milk kefir grains.
Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
Additional Details about Milk Kefir Grains
- Milk kefir grains are dehydrated active cultures consisting of yeast and bacteria existing in a symbiotic relationship. Milk kefir grains need to be rehydrated using pasteurized dairy milk (not raw milk) before regular use. Once milk kefir grains are rehydrated, they can be transitioned to raw milk. Milk kefir grains can be used to culture coconut, soy, or rice milk once rehydrated, but must be rehydrated in dairy milk first. Milk kefir grains require regular refreshing in fresh dairy milk (as soon as the texture changes.)
Shipping and Storage Information:
- Our milk kefir grains are shipped in a dehydrated state in a barrier-sealed packet.
- For best results, store in a cool, dry place and use by the date on the box.
- Freezer storage is not recommended.
Milk Kefir Grains Ingredients
- Organic powdered milk, organic milk, live active cultures.
- Packaged in a small amount of organic powdered milk to extend shelf life.
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Milk Kefir Grains Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that also produces products containing soy and dairy.
Ingredients That Love You Back
More active probiotics
Costs significantly less than commercial kefir
You control the ingredients
What Our Customers Are Saying
The grains started easily and produced extremely well. I even managed to store mine in the fridge for a few weeks and restart them without any issue. If you love yogurt, start making kefir. It is so easy!
These grains are the best I've ever bought. Another brand I have doesn't even come close. These created a kefir within 2 days, and has been going strong since then.
The grains took of very quickly after rehydrating. They were working full tilt in two days. Such and easy culture to start, and maintain. Great to promote a healthy gut, and more economical than buying pre-made kefir from a store.
The kefir grains became active quicker than they claimed! And everyday since, I have enjoyed a smooth creamy addition to my smoothies, as well as homemade dressing for my salads. Highly recommend these high quality grains, you won't be disappointed!
Took 2 batches before the grains thickened the whole milk I used and it has been working since. Glad I purchased. Friends are already asking for me to share once grains have multiplied. 😋
Our grains pet name is "the bugs" 😊 The bugs are happy and active and make us more than we can drink. At the moment we have tried kefir pancakes, smoothies and every other thing we can think of to drink the excess (what we don't use for cereal in the morning). These bugs are super happy and eat a lot haha 😊 I have a batch for cheese, we'll see how that turns out. In the past it goes great as a spread on bread with garlic powder, salt and herbs of choice. So looking forward to that.
Making wonderful delicious kefir from these grains! Thank you!
The finished product doesn't taste very sour. It tastes just like yogurt. The Plastic Strainer that Came with it is very useful.
Dehydrated is not my favorite way to get kefir grains. Taking a long time and a lot of milk to get them going and there were just a few grains in the package; 2 bigger, one smaller & another tiny one.
Ingredients That Love You Back
Pro Tip Corner
In addition to being an amazing probiotic beverage, kefir is also very versatile and can usually be substituted for milk, yogurt, or buttermilk in recipes.5 Ways to Use Milk Kefir