Milk Kefir Grains
Treat your gut to homemade milk kefir, one of our most probiotic-rich cultures. Just one box will culture 4 cups every day. Drink it up, or enjoy your kefir in smoothies, ice cream, baked goods, and much more.
Each bag contains:
- 1 packet of dehydrated traditional, heirloom-style milk kefir grains.
Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
Additional Details about Milk Kefir Grains
- Milk kefir grains are dehydrated active cultures consisting of yeast and bacteria existing in a symbiotic relationship. Milk kefir grains need to be rehydrated using pasteurized dairy milk (not raw milk) before regular use. Once milk kefir grains are rehydrated, they can be transitioned to raw milk. Milk kefir grains can be used to culture coconut, soy, or rice milk once rehydrated, but must be rehydrated in dairy milk first. Milk kefir grains require regular refreshing in fresh dairy milk (as soon as the texture changes.)
Shipping and Storage Information:
- Our milk kefir grains are shipped in a dehydrated state in a barrier-sealed packet.
- For best results, store in a cool, dry place and use by the date on the box.
- Freezer storage is not recommended.
Milk Kefir Grains Ingredients
- Organic powdered milk, organic milk, live active cultures.
- Packaged in a small amount of organic powdered milk to extend shelf life.
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Milk Kefir Grains Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that also produces products containing soy and dairy.
Ingredients That Love You Back
More active probiotics
Costs significantly less than commercial kefir
You control the ingredients
What Our Customers Are Saying
The grains started easily and produced extremely well. I even managed to store mine in the fridge for a few weeks and restart them without any issue. If you love yogurt, start making kefir. It is so easy!
These grains are the best I've ever bought. Another brand I have doesn't even come close. These created a kefir within 2 days, and has been going strong since then.
The grains took of very quickly after rehydrating. They were working full tilt in two days. Such and easy culture to start, and maintain. Great to promote a healthy gut, and more economical than buying pre-made kefir from a store.
The kefir grains became active quicker than they claimed! And everyday since, I have enjoyed a smooth creamy addition to my smoothies, as well as homemade dressing for my salads. Highly recommend these high quality grains, you won't be disappointed!
I was happy to find that your Milk Kefir shipment was dried not wet. Some years ago I’d received the grains wet. Consequently I didn’t even open the packet as I had just found a little thumbnail of kefir that I’d dried a couple years ago. And bathed in milk it woke right up again. So I’m saving the new dried batch for the future. My last little kefir grain, size of my little finger nail, disappeared overnight inexplicably, wasn’t in the fresh ferment or the jar I was collecting into. Just disappeared. Maybe tired of having to go in and out of the refrigerator as that little grain produced more kefir than I could drink on a day to day basis. For years.
It took a couple days to activate the kefir grains. I'm now producing, yogurt and cream cheese out of my culture.
I am writing this review many years after receiving dehydrated milk kefir grains from you. You had sent an additional box because I complained I received a box that had grains too small to find. Well that box stayed in my fridge and during the Rona quarantine I have unlimited access to very high quality fresh local milk and I wanted to kefir it so I pulled them out and attempted in raw milk. In retrospect I should have pasteurized the milk by gently heating as you recommend waiting until they are producing before using raw milk but it's what I had, I didn't think they'd still be viable and my dog is happy enough to devour the milk while it was balancing anyhow. Using the raw milk they activated within 7 days (70-82 degrees in hot NM summer which helped) and I'm producing about a quart of kefir a day already! The point of this review is not to advise anyone to do everything wrong like I did, but to emphasize the quality of your cultures. These happy little guys had a best used by date of.....1/2015!!!!!!!
Great products you all! Thank you!
I’m making a quart of kefir a day. When it gets a little ahead of what I can drink, I put it into cheesecloth and let it drip overnight and have lovely kefir cheese to smear on crackers or top baked potatoes.
Great kefir, grains did not work, excellent customer service, got new grains for free! Highly recommend!
Ingredients That Love You Back
Pro Tip Corner
In addition to being an amazing probiotic beverage, kefir is also very versatile and can usually be substituted for milk, yogurt, or buttermilk in recipes.5 Ways to Use Milk Kefir