Milk Kefir Grains
Treat your gut to homemade milk kefir, one of our most probiotic-rich cultures. Just one box will culture 4 cups every day. Drink it up, or enjoy your kefir in smoothies, ice cream, baked goods, and much more.
Each bag contains:
- 1 packet of dehydrated traditional, heirloom-style milk kefir grains.
Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
Additional Details about Milk Kefir Grains
- Milk kefir grains are dehydrated active cultures consisting of yeast and bacteria existing in a symbiotic relationship. Milk kefir grains need to be rehydrated using pasteurized dairy milk (not raw milk) before regular use. Once milk kefir grains are rehydrated, they can be transitioned to raw milk. Milk kefir grains can be used to culture coconut, soy, or rice milk once rehydrated, but must be rehydrated in dairy milk first. Milk kefir grains require regular refreshing in fresh dairy milk (as soon as the texture changes.)
Shipping and Storage Information:
- Our milk kefir grains are shipped in a dehydrated state in a barrier-sealed packet.
- For best results, store in a cool, dry place and use by the date on the box.
- Freezer storage is not recommended.
Milk Kefir Grains Ingredients
- Organic powdered milk, organic milk, live active cultures.
- Packaged in a small amount of organic powdered milk to extend shelf life.
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Milk Kefir Grains Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that also produces products containing soy and dairy.
Ingredients That Love You Back
More active probiotics
Costs significantly less than commercial kefir
You control the ingredients
What Our Customers Are Saying
The grains started easily and produced extremely well. I even managed to store mine in the fridge for a few weeks and restart them without any issue. If you love yogurt, start making kefir. It is so easy!
These grains are the best I've ever bought. Another brand I have doesn't even come close. These created a kefir within 2 days, and has been going strong since then.
The grains took of very quickly after rehydrating. They were working full tilt in two days. Such and easy culture to start, and maintain. Great to promote a healthy gut, and more economical than buying pre-made kefir from a store.
The kefir grains became active quicker than they claimed! And everyday since, I have enjoyed a smooth creamy addition to my smoothies, as well as homemade dressing for my salads. Highly recommend these high quality grains, you won't be disappointed!
I have made milk kefir in the past but these grains are super active!!! I think they are the healthiest grains I have every used. I am making more kefir than I can use and I am having fun finding new ways to use it!
These grains have made delicious kefir! It took about two weeks using the minimum amount of milk to get the kefir to the right spot for growing my batch. Once at that sweet spot, I now have a delicious quart of kefir every day!
The grains took a long time (about 2 weeks) to start producing pleasant-smelling kefir from pasteurized whole milk. As explained on the Cultures for Health website, they had a lot of yeast, so initially the kefir did smell like bread starter. I used some of it in pancakes, which turned out great. Now the grains are making delicious kefir, and I am planning on storing 2 out of 3 grains I got, because they are very active now, requiring 4 cups of milk. I also put them in the fridge every other day, seems to improve the taste of resulting kefir. If I need more grains, I will absolutely buy from Cultures for Health. Thank you, guys!
I can’t believe just spend a couple bucks of milk kefir grains can provide me everyday fresh milk kefir smoothie!!!! I wish I had knew this earlier! Thank you!
Ingredients That Love You Back
Pro Tip Corner
In addition to being an amazing probiotic beverage, kefir is also very versatile and can usually be substituted for milk, yogurt, or buttermilk in recipes.5 Ways to Use Milk Kefir