Useful for thickening non-dairy yogurt.
Pomona's Universal Pectin can be used to thicken jams, jellies, and even yogurt. Pomona's Universal Pectin is a low methoxyl-type pectin derived from citrus peels and pulp. Its jelling power is activated by calcium, which is unlike the other type of pectin which is activated by sugar.
- Each box includes pectin and a separate packet of monocalcium phosphate to add to jellies or yogurt varieties that are naturally low in calcium.
- One box makes approximately 20 cups of jam
- Can also be used as a gelatin substitute for puddings and glazes.
- Low methoxyl citrus pectin, monocalcium phosphate (packed separately, for making calcium water).
- No sugar, gluten, or preservatives. Vegan product.
Store in a cool, dry place.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Love the vegan yogurt cultures and Pomona’s pectin but this order took over a month to arrive.
Worked as expected with the vegan yogurt culture. Glad to be able to make thick yogurt on the first try. Very satisfied and would recommend using it together with the culture if making yogurt out of soy milk.
My first time using Pamona’s pectin and it was easy to use. My low sugar plum jam is perfect. My kids love it. Will definitely use this again!
Awesome stuff. Works just like they proclaim. Have ordered multiple times.
It worked just fine in the gluten-free bread I made. I haven't tried it for anything else. It's cool that the calcium comes separate from the pectin because that's what is needed for the bread.